For our client we are currently looking for a Naval Architect to join their rapidly expanding team in Amsterdam area, the Netherlands.
The role is to provide marine technical expertise on all matters related to the Design and Operation of our fleet of existing and new build Deepwater Subsea Installation Vessels.
Our client is a leading engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) company focused on executing complex offshore oil and gas projects worldwide. Providing individual, combined or fully integrated EPCI services for upstream field developments, we deliver fixed and floating production facilities, pipelines and subsea systems – from concept to commissioning, seafloor to shore.
Job Function and Expectations:
- Provide technical authority level support for: stability, longitudinal strength, NDT inspection, coatings, new equipment / machinery installations, lifting and load-out operations, stability tests, ship propulsion and resistance, vessel sea-keeping, motion response and maneuvering
- Carry out structural design calculations for new and existing ship structures and supervise structural design work carried out by 3rd party engineering companies.
- Liaise with the various classification societies for the relevant approvals.
- Liaise and provide direct support to all disciplines within Offshore Resources and Projects & Operations Divisions
- Identify vessel/equipment modifications for projects or CAPEX improvements
- Undertakes responsibility for production and review of deliverables, which may include engineering support, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Sign and issue technical documentation as originator or checker, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture and/or Marine Engineering
- Minimum of 5 year experience as Naval Architect with Vessel Design Bureaus, Offshore Contractors or Ship yards
- Well experienced in ship building, conversion/repair with a focus on fabrication and management of subcontractors
Description of Nova Experia
Nova Experia is a successful project organisation that specializes in solving knowledge and capacity issues and provides project support for Oil, Gas and Power related industries, construction and civil engineering projects .
Thanks to our years of knowledge of the labor market and the guidance of our engineers , we can make the right match where talent is used in a right way. Our clients are small to very large listed multinationals that are operating both nationally and internationally.
Additional information or want to apply directly?
Do you have questions about the position or the application process, please contact by phone +31 162-752001 or email email@example.com
If this is not the right position for you, but you would like to work with Nova Experia? Please contact us also. We are constantly looking for reliable professionals with technical skills and have at least finished a vocational education or have a bachelor degree.
For more information about our organization visit www.nova-experia.nl